At the beginning of 2016, I bought myself a new point-and-shoot camera which I have been mainly using as my camera to record my YouTube videos. I couldn’t find a case that fit it as it is a bigger camera, so I decided to make my own.
This project is easy, straightforward, and affordable. Between Walmart and Michael’s, I found all the materials I needed. The great thing about this craft is you can make multiple cases and alternate depending on the look you want to go for!
– Fabric for case (feel free to have fun with the material and pattern!)
– Felt for inside of the case
– Button of choice
– Needle and thread or sewing machine
– Glue gun
1) Measure out your fabric and felt against your camera ensuring there is enough room to fold in the edges of the material while still being able to fit in your camera.
2) Fold in the edges of your fabric to add an extra layer of neatness to your case. Next, cut out the fabric and attach the felt to your fabric with either a hot glue gun or by sewing it.
Measure out where you would like your button placed and attach it. Measure the remaining fabric of the top flap to see where the hole for the button will go. Cut out the slit for the button. If you want, you can sew the sides of the hole to make it look neater.
3) Next, fold the case to the correct size for the main pocket of the case and the top that will be folded over. Take some push pins to hold the measurement. Then, using either your needle and thread or sewing machine, stitch up the sides of the case.
4) And there you have it! Your own custom-made case.