When it comes down to my sweet tooth, there are two things that I can safely call my favourites: cake (most flavours) and chocolate chip cookies. Back when I worked for an insurance company, my team had treat days for each Friday on a rotation. I’ve never been one to like bringing in pre-made snacks when I know I can make yummy ones on my own.
When it came to my turn, I decided to look up a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It was an easy recipe and yummy to boot. When I brought them into work, they were an instant hit. My co-workers LOVED them. When I left the company last year, that is something people said they would miss.
So you can make your own delicious and yummy chocolate chip cookies, follow this easy recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (sometimes I use 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans or lay parchment paper on the baking sheet and lay the spoonfuls on top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.