Photo curtosy of Sweetapolita’s Instagram account.
Today I have been drooling over this video from Sweetapolita that was posted on Facebook and YouTube. Sweetapolita’s Rosie has the most beautiful creations on her website and in her cookbook. You can check out her website here and the video for these yummy sandwiches here.
For now, here are the ingredients and instructions for these super yummy sandwiches. Have a great long weekend!
The Perfect Sugar Cookie
Buttery, crisp and classic vanilla, these sugar cookies are ideal for decorating, snacking, tea-time and the perfect crust to your home-made ice cream sandwiches!
3 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
and don’t forget your Sprinkles!
1. In large bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Add milk and vanilla and blend for 30 seconds.
5. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
6. With a cookie scoop, scoop out portions of dough onto a lined cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle with extra granulated sugar
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
9. Once cooled, flip your cookies over in preparation for the Ice cream!
10. Place a scoop of ice cream on one cookie and flatten it with a piece of waxed paper and top it off with another cookie similar in size!
11. Jazz up those sandwiches with some fun and delicious sprinkles! Enjoy!