Originally posted on Tone It Up here.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to a cookie and/or brownie, the girls of Tone It Up have your solution! These yummy treats are a favourite one of mine to make. These are seriously delicious and addicting to eat. No exaggeration, I could eat the entire batch in one sitting…
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (16 oz)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 ° degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan with coconut oil spray. You can also use a 9×13, but if you want thicker, gooier brownies, the smaller works best!
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (except for the chocolate chips) and blend until smooth. Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix with a wooden spatula, being careful of the blade.
- Pour into baking pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes depending on what size dish you are using.
- You’ll know they are done when the top is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow bars to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
I hope that you enjoy these yummy treats as much as I do.